This reference in Ephesians is about preparing for battle. Early in this chapter we are encouraged to "be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power," so we can "stand firm against the enemy." We do this by applying the Word to our lives. This armor or Word protects, it calms, it soothes, it brings peace and ultimately shows us the way to Jesus!
I want to encourage you to begin to apply the Word to your life this week. I am talking about a prayer life that is rooted deep in the Word; more than just knowledge.....I am asking you to go further. I want you to read it, memorize it, and to pray it over your lives and those in your family. I promise this will bring change and a renewal to your spirit!
Using the scriptures will ignite your prayers! James 5:16 proclaims "the prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." There is nothing more powerful than praying the Word over our lives!
What does this look like? Here is how to start:
- Gather a few of your favorite scriptures.....if you don't know the address then google it! I would love to have more scriptures memorized but until then.....google will help!
- As you read over them, place your name in them or your husband's name or your children's name etc...
Here are a few examples of some scriptures I love to pray over my family:
For My Man, Kevin:
- "Lord I thank you for Kevin's skilled hands for work to provide for our family. Please guide him to always lead our family and his business with integrity of heart." Psalm 78:72
For My children:
- "Lord, I thank you that no weapon formed against Emma will prosper today in the name of Jesus." (Isaiah 54:17)
- "God, I ask that you give John and Ashley wisdom beyond their years as they face situations at work, at home, and within their relationship." (Proverbs 2)
- "God, you have declared that you restore our health and heal our wounds. I am asking this for ______ today!" (Jeremiah 30:17)
For times of uncertainty:
- "Lord, you have promised you will strengthen me and uphold me and when I trust in you, peace will come. I am thankful that YOU ARE MY GOD!" (Isaiah 41:10)
God knew we would need a road map for daily life, marriage, parenting, trials, uncertain times, and for every relationship known to man. I know you will be amazed at how the Word comes alive when you begin applying it to every relationship and situation you encounter! I challenge you to start today!