I've said it before, I'll say it again...I have no interest in giving my life to a god I can figure out. If I can understand his ways and know his thoughts...what is the point of living for him? He is no bigger, stronger or better than any ordinary human.
My dependance on God is 100% necessary for a peace filled, grace covered, fruitful life. If not for Him, I would be a mess. Can I get an AMEN?
I've noticed some pretty low expectations recently in the Body of Christ. Why? Why, when our God is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us,(Eph. 3.20) would we have low expectations of Him?
Are we afraid to trust Him for what we really want? Are we assuming His answer will be "no". Do we think we have to be "perfect" in order to see big God things in our life?
What are you needing God to do in your life today?
- Draw a wayward child back into relationship with you and God?
- Put back together a broken marriage?
- Provide financially for you? Big time?
- Heal you? Heal a loved one?
- Open a door?
- Bring clear direction?
- Lead you to a wonderful mate?
- Provide a job? A car? A home?
- Soothe the torment of grief?
- Help you adapt a healthy lifestyle?
- Help you through the day with your young children?
- Deliver you from addiction.
What? What is it? What do you need from Him?
Say it out loud. "Lord, I need ____________from You.
Now...expect it to happen. Know He heard you. Believe He wants to give you good things. (Ps. 84:11) Trust Him to answer. Look for Him to arrive on the scene.
Allow your expectations of God to rise to what He is worthy of! Ask Him for something that requires Him to get up off His throne and act on your behalf.
Faith moves the heart of God...let your expectations soar and move His heart today!