God tells us in His Word - some things are a mystery and it will stay that way. In Isaiah He tells us clearly that His ways are not our ways and that is for our good. We won't understand it all this side of Heaven and sometimes that is hard and frustrating. We have all had situations where it just doesn't make sense but we view it all behind a very limited lens. He, on the other hand, sees it all...from beginning to end.
Here's what I do know:
- I can trust Him - some days this is my only mantra I can utter "I trust you Lord, I trust you Lord" over and over again so my mind begins to believe what my mouth and the meditations of my heart are saying.
- He has my best (eternal) interest in mind at all times
- He loves me more than I can comprehend - to the extent of giving His son for me
- I know how it all ends
You see, that's the key. We really don't have to wring our hands in worry because we know the ending. As Christ followers we have the privilege of skipping to the end of the book and see that the ending is spectacular. He wins over evil and we have an eternity with our Creator, our God, our Savior! Now that's Good News and makes the hardest of times soften a bit.
If you are walking through a season of questioning, why Lord? I pray these scriptures bring you Hope, comfort and an unshakable, abiding trust that He has this for you. As you read them, place your name in there to personalize them:
- "(Name) May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
- "Have I not commanded you? (Name) Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
- "Sovereign Lord, you are God! Your covenant is trustworthy, and you have promised these good things to your servant(me)." 2 Samuel 7:28
- "But I’ll take the hand of those who don’t know the way,
who can’t see where they’re going.
I’ll be a personal guide to them,
directing them through unknown country.
I’ll be right there to show them what roads to take,
make sure they don’t fall into the ditch.
These are the things I’ll be doing for them--
sticking with them, not leaving them for a minute.” Isaiah 42:16 MSG
Perhaps you are like me and music often speaks to you; if so, I pray these bring comfort and peace to you in your time of wondering, asking, and trusting:
He'll Hold You: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFW9Hyq1NcY
Whatever you are going through today, He's got this, He's got you and your eternal future in sight...trust in that truth.